My Days in Darkness

My Days in Darkness

Update

My poetry, as you know, reflects me and my life henceforth. My newest addtion, coming soon, is based on the past few months specifically and all the difficulties thereof on love, life and everything else.

2009/02/21

Daddy, I Remember

Daddy, I remember the look you got in your eyes everytime you picked me up and embraced me in your arms. I remember the pride you took in your little girl, the girl you were sure would make you proud with all that she does.

Daddy, I remember the days when you used to carry me on your back when I was too tired to walk. I remember how you cradled me in you arms as you rocked me to sleep. I remember how I would lie in bed as you read to me and watched as I drifted away.

Daddy, I remember how you would wake up in the middle of the night to make me something to eat because I was hungry. I remember how you would feed me when I was sick and bring me my medicine.

Daddy, I remember how you came running when I woke up in terror from a bad dream, screaming for you. I remember how you would sleep next to me and how I would wrap my arms and legs around you, knowing you would keep me safe, knowing you were my security.

Daddy, I remember how you panicked every time I was injured. I remember how angry you got every time someone hurt me, because you were not there to protect me.

Daddy, you made me believe that I was invincible because I had you – my invincible shield. You made me believe that no one could ever hurt me and no harm would ever come to me, because I had you – my invincible shield.

Then why.
Why did you let him touch me!
Why did you let him get so close!
I was so young.
You should have seen!
You should have known!
Daddy, why didn’t you protect me?

Daddy, now that you know I see you try so hard, I see how much you want to protect me from the evil in this world. I see how much you love me, I see how much you care. I know I am your little girl – the apple of your eye, centre of your existence.

Daddy, you give me everything any daughter could ever want from their father, and I will always love you more than anyone in this world.

Daddy, you are amazing.
Daddy, you are my hero.


07/04/2006
©AGK

No comments:

Post a Comment