My Days in Darkness

My Days in Darkness

Update

My poetry, as you know, reflects me and my life henceforth. My newest addtion, coming soon, is based on the past few months specifically and all the difficulties thereof on love, life and everything else.

2009/02/21

Your Love Silhouette

A silhouette, dark and mysterious to me.
A figure outlined against a white background,
Enhanced by the light around it.

It seems so close, certain it’s within my grasp,
Yet my grasp finds nothing but wild particles of air,
Slipping away between my fingers.

It draws nearer and nearer,
As I am tormented by it’s overpowering emphasis.
It seeps into my skin like a demon entering the body of a sinner.
And as it flows through my veins with vengeance as it embraces me.

I feel wronged by this overwhelming creature,
Slipping in and out as it pleases;
There is no concern, there is no respect,
There is no sign of regret.

Flooded by feelings unfamiliar to me,
I surrender to this beast.

09/10/2008

©AGK

No comments:

Post a Comment